Technology - Merchant Banking - Quantitative Financial Engineer & Business Software Engineer - Analyst - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs Engineering is a leader in developing quantitative models and cutting edge systems to solve complex business problems. Working with the firm's trading, operations, finance, sales, banking and investing businesses, engineers use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, price and systematically manage risk, identify market opportunities, and provide technical solutions to facilitate all business activities.
The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) raises capital for companies by directly investing in their corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. It operates on a global platform and works in a fast-paced, exciting environment with individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The Merchant Banking Engineering team collaborates with investing and finance professionals to create quantitative models, tools, and analyses supporting all aspects of the Merchant Bank's investing and lending activities. Members of our team hold Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics and other fields. Although the work performed by this team is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The team's responsibilities include creating quantitative models and analyses and developing software applications and systems to help structure, value, hedge, risk manage the investments and portfolios, and assist processes and reporting. We are interested in individuals who have strong quantitative and coding skills and a passion learn about finance.
As an Engineer in Merchant Banking, you will have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects including:
- Developing portfolio management and risk monitoring tools for our investments
- Creating models for valuing investments and projecting returns
- Designing analytics to optimize investment structure, pricing and financing
- Developing models and systems for trade booking and risk management
- Developing tools for workflow management, as well as data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, math, physics, engineering , or other related field
- Strong coding and software design skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technology: Experience building large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms and working in different programming languages and databases
- Mathematics: Understanding of time series analysis, statistics, numerical techniques, partial differential equations, stochastic calculus
- Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products, behaviors and specifications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top