Technology - Merchant Banking - Business Software and Reporting - Lead Engineer - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will work directly with the business to design/build a critical reporting platform for the Merchant Banking Division and the firm.
- You will leverage reporting tools like Qlik, Tableau, Business Objects and other custom reporting solutions to produce key business reports
- You will develop data models to effectively present data to the reporting platform (ie. DataLake)
- You will help develop platforms beyond reporting for the entire division (managing funds, external investors, investment sourcing and transaction booking)
- You will leverage firm stand SDLC processes and assist with production support
You will work directly with a world class Private Equity business - the only one to invest across the capital structure of Equity, Debt, and Real Estate at the size of investment that we do. You will have the opportunity to engineer a broad set of business solutions, with a primary focus on business intelligence, data warehousing, and investment reporting. Additional opportunities include developing solutions for managing funds, external investors, investment sourcing and transaction booking.
MBD Technology is one agile team that develops solutions in the Content Search, Workflow, Investment Management, Transaction Entry, Investor Management and Business Intelligence areas. Sitting alongside the Merchant Banking business it offers unique opportunities to work with a world class Private Equity Business
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- 7 years of minimum experience
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- 3 years full-time experience working with SQL, including experience working with a relational databases ( MS-SQL, DB2, Sybase IQ, etc.)
- 2 years experience working with at least one of the following: C#, Java, C++, Scala, Slang/SecDb (proprietary)
- Experience with data analytic and reporting tools - one of Business Objects, Qlikview or Tableau
- Financial background or interest in learning about the private equity business
- Experience handling real-time support requests from users
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top