Technology Management & Strategy - TVET Contract Negotiator/Vendor Management
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Technology Vendor Engagement Team (TVET) is responsible for driving the execution of strategic priorities as it relates to the Firm's relationships with vendors. This role is focused on the management and administration of Engineering's technology contingent workforce population and the contract negotiations related to this service segment. We partner with Engineering leadership as well as various stakeholders across the firm including Legal, Compliance, HCM, Technology Risk, Finance and the firmwide Vendor Management Office to implement and enforce firmwide best practices for our contingent worker strategies. As a result, we are actively involved in the vendor relationship lifecycle - from vendor and contingent onboarding, contract negotiation to offboarding of resources/vendors. The TVET CW team maintains various contingent workforce related systems which track contingent staff related actions, manages vendor engagements, maintains benchmark rates and conducts regular due diligence reviews of the division's CW data.
The TVET contingent workforce focused segment of TVET is a highly commercial role that requires extensive internal and external interfacing with a number of constituents, knowledge of local employment regulations, implementation of best practices and sound judgement to arrive at the right outcome for the Firm.
Candidate should have extensive experience with the administration of a contingent workforce and in negotiating technology contingent workforce related staff augmentation, managed and professional services contracts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Lead/participate in contract and commercial negotiations for Technology globally, with knowledge of the local India market place, employment regulations and practices.
• Collaborate with various risk management partners, such as Legal, Technology Finance, Information Security, Compliance, and others to ensure firm's vendor management policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Create financial analysis of pending transactions, including review of vendor financial viability. May involve interfacing with outside research companies to create benchmarking models and identify cost savings opportunities.
• Serve as an advisor to the business/technology groups.
• Liaise across Engineering (Technology) Management, business and relationship managers, vendor and Tech Business Development to identify and escalate vendor/client sensitivities, commercial and relationship opportunities.
• Responsible for tracking of and reporting on Strategic Vendor Management activities, spend and other trends of strategic vendors, understanding impact across firm/business units.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Technology commercial and contract negotiation, focus on contingent workforce related contracts and knowledge of local labor laws, in particular India and across AsiaPac regions.
• Strong communication skills.
• Candidate must exhibit ability to navigate through complex situations.
• Candidate must be a team player, with proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams and levels within the organization.
• Expected candidate will be brought in at a VP level.
• Prior experience in the financial services industry.
• Prior experience with well-known enterprise vendors.
• Prior technical experience or in-depth understanding of technical concepts.
• Consideration of prior team leadership experience.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top