Technology Management & Strategy - TVET Contract Negotiator/Vendor Management
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Technology Vendor Engagement Team (TVET) is responsible for driving the execution of strategic priorities as it relates to the firm's relationships with vendors. We partner with Engineering leadership as well as various stakeholders across the Firm on software /saas, hardware/storage, networks/multi-media/co-location and consulting services strategies. As a result, we are actively involved in the vendor relationship lifecycle - from procurement to payment. The TVET contract negotiator is a highly commercial role that requires extensive internal and external interfacing with a number of constituents, implementation of best practices and sound judgement to arrive at the right outcome for the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Lead/participate in contract and commercial negotiations for Technology globally, with focus on complex hardware agreements, including desktop, server, storage/backup, and networking; follow vendor engagement model and adhere to firmwide vendor management office practices.
• Collaborate with various risk management partners, such as Legal, Technology Finance, Information Security, Compliance, and others to ensure firm's vendor management policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Create financial analysis (market benchmarking, should-cost analysis, firm horizontal and vertical cost analysis) of pending transactions, including review of vendor financial viability as well as total cost of ownership analysis. May involve interfacing with outside research companies to create benchmarking models and identify cost savings opportunities.
• Serve as an advisor to the business/Technology groups in the areas of commercial/contractual/vendor risks, among others.
• Liaise across Technology management, business and relationship managers, vendor and Technology Business Development team to identify and escalate vendor/client sensitivities, commercial and relationship opportunities.
• Responsible for tracking of and reporting on strategic vendor activities, spend and other trends, understanding impact across firm/business units.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Technology commercial and contract negotiation, focus on hardware contracts preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Candidate must exhibit ability to navigate through complex situations.
• Candidate must be a team player, with proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams and levels within the organization.
• Expected candidate will be brought in at a VP level.
• Prior experience with development of should-cost models.
• Prior experience in the financial services industry.
• Prior experience with well-known enterprise vendors.
• Prior technical experience or in-depth understanding of technical concepts.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top