Technology Management & Strategy - Tech Engineer
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Moscow Technology Team is a member of the firm's European Technology organization. The team provides technical solutions to a number of businesses located in the Moscow office such as Equity and Bond trading, Derivatives trading, Clearing and Settlement, as well as to non-revenue divisions. The team supports local accounting and reporting to external bodies such as the Central Bank of Russia, Moscow Exchange, Ministry of Finance and Tax Authorities. The Moscow architecture consists of the Diasoft vendor package integrated with global GS systems, 3rd party regulatory software and in-house developed solutions. Our group can offer unique opportunities for talented individuals with a desire to contribute with innovative ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Primary job focus will be development of software solutions to address business needs in the Moscow middle and back-offices including regulatory and financial reporting, streamlining and automating tasks.
• Integration of local applications with the global GS systems
• Automation of the local accounting and reporting processes, incl. reporting to external bodies such as the Central Bank of Russia, Moscow Exchange, Tax Authorities etc.
• Manage projects directed to adjust GS global systems to meet Russian regulations
• As a member of international team, perform wide range of activities from analysis, software development, testing and implementation; provide end-user support.
• The candidate will have extensive interaction with end-users as well as other IT departments (Technology Infrastructure, Front Office Technology, Treasury and Settlements etc.) as well as external vendors and Russian regulators; external and internal auditors.
• Tracking the progress of projects/tasks to meet deliverables and deadlines.
• The candidate will report to Technology management in Moscow and London.
• Gain direct hands-on experience in all aspects of back-office applications and flows.
• As part of a growing, global technology team there will be much exposure to other businesses and teams in other regions
• Work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust and reliable software.
• Significant opportunities for personal development (technical and non-technical skills) through challenging projects, informal on the job mentoring and formal development through the GS University career development program.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 4+ years of software development experience in a commercial environment or equivalent working with financial applications in Russia.
• Knowledge of relational databases using MSSQL and Sybase ASE. Ability to create and tune complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Good technical troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle principles, including automated build and deploy to production.
• Knowledge of SVN, Git, Teamcity, Jira.
• Strong communication skills, fluent Russian and working English.
• Comfortable working with a group that both welcomes and challenges new ideas.
• Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across different levels, functions, and regions
• Highly organized, attention to detail and end to end task ownership
• Results oriented, ability to balance multiple projects and tasks
• Experience in developing enterprise applications using C# (experience in ASP.net is big plus).
• Experience in building integration solutions using WCF and messaging systems is a plus.
• Linux platforms' including Shell and Perl scripting is a big plus
• Prior experience working with Diasoft systems is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top