Technology Management & Strategy - Business Enablement - Developer Lead - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle for systems written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, JMS messaging and Big Data solutions
- Design, develop, test and deliver highly performant and resilient client and server-side systems in an agile, and fast-moving environment
- Form strong client relationships with business, and other technology groups
- Through continuous learning, continue to contribute new ideas and opinions to the organisation
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales
- Mentoring and development of more junior members of the team to help them grow and excel in their careers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6+ years' commercial software development experience with Java, ideally Java 8
- Experience of an enterprise DBMS (ideally Sybase or DB2)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Motivated to deliver outstanding technology solutions in a dynamic business environment
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
- Experience managing software developers
- Experience of Agile development practices
- Experience working in a financial services firm
- Knowledge of open source frameworks (Spring, Spark)
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kibana
- Experience with technologies in the Hadoop stack
- Experience of messaging systems such as Tibco EMS or Apache Kafka
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top