Technology - LCA Technology - Compliance - Information Architecture Team - Application Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Information Architecture team in Compliance Technology is seeking Java / Scala developers with deep knowledge of distributed computing principles. The candidate is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms leveraging Big Data technologies for large-scale event processing and analytics using Machine Learning and statistical models. Successful candidate will join a team of talented and motivated developers working on strategic and highly visible projects across the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Implement disruptive solutions using cutting-edge Big Data technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Design, train and deploy state-of-the-art AI / Machine Learning models to extract metadata and derive actionable intelligence from communication data
- Influence large-scale technical initiatives through strategic design decisions
- Develop technical specifications, testing strategies, and implementation plans based on business requirements
- Manage the end-to-end systems development lifecycle including requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience with server-side Java or Scala development
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, HDFS and ElasticSearch
- Experience with data engineering and integration of data from multiple sources
- Experience with scripting in a Linux operating environment
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture
- Understanding of graph databases and algorithms
- Experience or familiarity with Machine Learning / Deep Learning preferred
- Familiarity with columnar databases like Sybase IQ is preferred
- Highly motivated, committed, and capable of working to timelines
- Strong team player and strong communicator
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top