Technology - LCA Technology - Compliance - Developer - Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
As a full stack developer (.Net and/or Java), you will be responsible for solving real world business problems by building applications and tools associated with communications controls, surveillance and retention. You will build these by leveraging technologies that enable rules execution, text extraction, tokenization, pattern matching, and querying and processing of high volume and high velocity data.
Compliance Technology provides technology solutions to help Compliance manage the firm' regulatory and reputational risks, and enables them to advise and assist the firm' businesses. The role of E-Comm Compliance Tech is to manage firm' Compliance risks by managing retention and surveillance of all forms of Electronic Communications data. The key focus area being, ingestion of email content, ingestion and retention of feeds originating from within and outside of the firm, content indexing and building industry standard surveillance and analytics systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a key developer in the team, you will have exposure to work on latest technologies like Big Data Stack, Angular JS, Elastic, REST. You will also have opportunities to build commercial solutions by working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have exposure to E-Communications domain.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3 to 4 years of hands-on software development experience on .Net or Java
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of concurrency principles
- Experience with SOA / building restful services
- Familiarity with UI Technologies like Angular JS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, keen to work in a dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to time-lines
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new technologies, work as part of a global team of developers and take responsibility for design and delivery of well tested, high quality components
- Good communications skills, and willingness to engage with Compliance and business counterparts on project requirements, proof of concept work and testing. Preferred Qualifications
- .Net Development
- Java Development
- SDLC mindset
- Communication skills
- Good understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem like HDFS and Spark
- Good understanding of searching solutions like Attivio and Elastic
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top