Technology Infrastructure - Network Engineering - Vice President - Jersey City
Technology Infrastructure is at the leading edge of technology, enabling innovation internally as we influence financial industry standards and wider tech industry products. Our commercial approach sets the direction for our software defined infrastructure platforms and solutions driving business for Goldman Sachs.
Network Engineering is a global organization that is part of the Technology Division with staff around the world. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our data center engineering team in NJ. You will step into a team responsible for thousands of network devices serving functions from basic wireless access to advanced systematic trading. Successful candidates will bring a solid network engineering skill set to the table with knowledge of the latest products and standards. This is a great opportunity to bring technical leadership to a fast and dynamic environment.
- Managing and improving capacity management programs
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
- Become a subject matter expert for data center LAN/WAN environments
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems, and provide guidance to operations staff
Basic Qualifications-7-10 years of networking engineering experience in a large enterprise, preferably in the financial sector
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
- In-depth knowledge of data center design principles, products and protocols
- Working understanding of network security models and methodologies, authentication schemes, encryption techniques and standards
- Experience with best practices and process around rollout of new platforms
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Qualifications-Software scripting and development experience, e.g. Automation & accessing web based services via APIs
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top