Technology - IBD Technology - Deal Life Cycle Java Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
Banking Technology creates and maintains proprietary technology for the Investment Banking division. The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting.
The Candidate should have an appreciation of the Investment Banking function and workflow process refinement/automation. They will be heavily involved in automating the wide-ranging workflows and processes that form the execution of an Investment Banking project. In particular, they will work as part of a global team responsible for building applications to manage IBD Deal Workflows including but not limited to Client Communications, IPO Lifecycle & M&A workflows.
The role requires closely working with local and global BAs as well as a broad range of global Technology teams, both internal platforms teams, as well as a range of other front-office developers from across the Investment Banking business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions
- Build out applications to manage IBD Deal Workflows including but not limited to Client Communications, IPO lifecycle & M&A workflows
- The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams to ensure we are working with the latest technology stack
- The candidate will work through the software development lifecycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, AngularJS, VSTO,, SQL, Sybase etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-7+ years relevant technical experience as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications
- Experience in AngularJS and Java
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
- Experience in test driven development
- Recent hands-on experience with AngularJS, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Drop Wizard in a test-driven environment
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
- Using Agile methodolgies
- Automated testing
- Experience of developing solutions to digitize workflows
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top