Technology - IBD Technology - Data Platform Developer - Analyst - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
Banking Technology creates and maintains proprietary technology for the Investment Banking division. The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting. We are seeking a data platform developer to work as part of the global Banking Data Services team to design, develop and enhance the Investment Banking data analytics platform, which includes warehouse/ETL, reporting, and visualization workflows. There is a focus on converging toward the firm's enterprise Data Lake platform. Candidate will conduct POCs on new technology stack, and help to drive the formation of governance model and best practices around IBD data workflows.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design, develop and enhance the IBD data analytics platform. Define and execute road map to converge toward the firm's Data Lake ecosystem.
- Drive the formation of governance model and best practices around IBD data ETL workflows.
- Conduct POCs to help define the next generation banking ETL tools/workflows to accommodate increasing data volume and demand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of hands on experience in Java
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Should work with minimum supervision - Graduate in Computer Science
- Experience in Scala, Spark, and other big data processing languages/tools
- 1+ years in data warehouse and business intelligence space
- SecDB/Slang/VLF (for internal transfers only)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top