Technology - IBD Financing Group Java Developer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
This Role provides excellent exposure to the IBD business and requires closely working with local and global BA's as well as a broad range of global
Technology teams both internal platforms teams as well as a range of other front-office developers from across the Investment Banking business.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions
- Build out applications to manage IBD Deal Workflows including but not limited to Book Building, Pricing, Demand Management workflows
- The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams to ensure we are working with the latest technology stack
- This role requires close collaboration with the ECM and DCM Financing Group desks
- The candidate will work through the software development lifecycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, AngularJS, SQL, Sybase etc.
- 3-5 years relevant technical experience as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications
- Experience in AngularJS/React and Java
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
- Experience in test driven development
- Recent hands-on experience with AngularJS/React, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Drop Wizard in a test-driven environment
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
- Using Agile methodolgies
- Automated testing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top