Technology - HCM Technology - People Analytics - Data Scientist - Analyst - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Are you looking for an opportunity in the field of People Analytics – applying machine learning and data science to help advance Goldman's people strategy?
We are offering an Analyst/Associate role in People Analytics, which is responsible for re-inventing HCM's operational strategy, expanding and optimizing the division's analytical capabilities and re-engineering processes across the division. The role will require the individual to leverage his/her advanced skills in machine learning, statistics and programming to help HCM functions leverage data to make better people decisions. The role will provide the individual the opportunity to work on cross-HCM projects in close partnership with functional, divisional and regional teams throughout HCM and Technology divisions. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment to help drive the future of HCM.
- The Technology Division: Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
- The Team: People Analytics is a multi-disciplinary, global team comprised of individuals with backgrounds in computer science, machine learning, statistics and I/O psychology. We work closely with our business partners in the Human Capital Management division to help drive data-driven, evidence-based decision making. We use a wide variety of tools to help drive our analysis and work on highly commercial, influential projects that impact everyone at the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- You will develop and leverage various machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques and algorithms to create solutions for different HCM functions.
- You will work with key stakeholders within HCM to analyze data, evaluate trends and provide strategic advice
- You will play a key role in designing, executing and measuring the effectiveness of global HCM programs, which will include identifying issues, forming hypotheses and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations
- You will communicate findings and recommendations on critical initiatives and influence leaders to take action on those findings
- You will design, develop and maintain software that extends SecDB (Goldman's proprietary platform for analytics, trading and risk management) to People Analytics
- You will partner with various technology teams to build the infrastructure required to collect data from multiple internal and external sources
- You will identify gaps in data quality and work with system administrators to correct the data at the source.
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics/Statistics
- Comprehensive coding expertise in developing algorithmically complex C/C++/ Java/Python applications and experience working with relational databases, SQL
- Background in statistical computing systems like R, MATLAB, SAS, etc.
- Experience with business intelligence frameworks like Tableau, Alteryx or Business Objects
- Expertise in the designing high quality end-to-end scalable production level systems
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to organize and analyze large datasets, detect and correct errors, interpret and report results to various audiences and take responsibility for data quality assurance
- Highest attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and care
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an inquisitive disposition
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Results-oriented -- ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
- Ability to work well both independently and on a team in a deadline driven environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top