Technology - HCM Technology - Data Scientist - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
HCM Reward: Deliver secure, accurate, and innovative technology solutions, to assist and manage the health, wealth, benefits and compensation for every employee at the Firm. Key functions include Compensation, Equity Compensation, Benefits and Wellness, Employee Special Investments, and Global Mobility Services.
HCM Talent: Engineer a suite of innovative solutions to Attract, Develop and Retain a strong pool of employee talent. Talent is a business strategy that is fully integrated within all of the employee related processes of the Firm. Our solutions implement strategies, processes and solutions that help our people advance professionally while using with latest technology trends and capabilities that include mobile development, Social integrations and Cloud computing.
People Analytics team in HCM Tech is seeking Java/Scala developers with deep knowledge of distributed computing principles.
The candidate is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage big data technologies and enable large scale event processing where events are inspected by machine learning and statistical policy based models
Successful candidate will join a team of talented and motivated developers working on strategic and highly visible projects within the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Building frameworks and data model for storage and enrichment of business metrics, Orders executions, allocated trades, positions, and reference data
- Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcomes
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7 of experience with programming experience with python, Java, or Scala
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Honor's degree in a STEM subject
- 5-7 of experience with server-side Java or Scala development
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience in scripting in a Linux operating environment.
- Familiarity with columnar databases like Sybase IQ is preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top