Technology - HCM, Comp Accounting, and Services Technology - Accounting Services Technology (AST) - Developer - Associate/Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Manage and settle the firm's liabilities, vendor payments and employee travel & entertainment expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
HCM Technology is a global team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class applications and practices across the Goldman Sachs People Function. Partnering with the business, the group solves critical problems, leveraging the latest web technology stacks, driving decisions through machine learning/data analytics, whilst ensuring and promoting a culture of quality software engineering.
Accounting Services Technology (AST) builds and manages applications that support firm non-cash expenses. We are looking for an Analyst/Associate developer with strong Web development and Server side programming skills. The successful candidate will be joining team in Jersey City that is part of a larger global group.
The developer will need strong Web development, Server side design and development experience. This position requires the candidate to work closely with business users to learn and understand their business processes and requirements to implement automated solutions. The individual would work with the project lead and users to ensure timely completion of business and technology projects.
Due to the nature of the application, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills. He / she will be presented with opportunities to take personal ownership for the end to end delivery of some small projects and at other times be involved in large strategic global initiatives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The candidate should have a strong engineering background with experience encompassing the full software development lifecycle across a variety of architectural stacks. The candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, testing and support for software solutions in the Technology Division. The candidate must have solid oral and written communication and organizational skills, and be comfortable in a technical role in a geographically diverse environment.
- Depending on specific project requirements, develop applications utilizing the following technologies: HTML5/Angular JS, Web services , BPMN Based Worklfow, Perl, Shell Scripting, AutoSys, and Database skills i.e., DB2,Sybase
- Develop, test, and support enterprise applications and batch software either individually or with other team members based on the size and effort of the project
- Meet with the business users to elicit/understand requirements, assess feasibility of proposed changes, and compile measures/deliverables
- Technical design and Project estimation
- Work on maintenance development tasks which require an understanding of the existing architecture and the Firm's technical strategy in order to improve the architecture for scalability and/or stability
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5 years of experience in analysis, design and development of Web based application with J2EE and relational database technologies
- Web development (HTML5, Angular JS), Java 8, JUnit
- Experience with Relational Database like DB2 or Sybase with strong SQL skills • Knowledge of Unix / Linux Scripting
- Experience with at least one code repository such as SVN
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating within technical staff, customers and management
- Critical thinking skills to break down complex issues and identify potential solutions
- Masters degree (US or foreign equivalent) in one of the STEM fields (Computer Science preferred) preferred
- Experience with ORM tools like Hibernate, MyBatis
- Experience with OCR technologies ABBYY
- Experience with Automation Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, DBUnit
- Experience with Perl, KSH, or other scripting language
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top