Technology - GSAM Technology - IMD Finance Engineering - Developer - VP - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the worlds leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions. GSAM Technology partners with IMD Controllers to design, implement and support strategic solutions covering all aspects of finance oversight, reporting and control functions such as Valuation oversight, Performance & GIPS, NAV oversight, Fund Financials, Regulatory and Management Reporting, Revenue Allocation and Sales Compensation.
IMD offers a variety of products including separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, hedge funds, liquid alternatives, and funds of funds.
The Finance Engineering team, working closely with many other groups, designs and develops the solutions which support key functions of client portfolio management including: pricing, valuations, performance, risk, and financial reporting, for both internal and external consumers. A few examples of what we do: - We price positions, and provide the tools to highlight which valuations need further scrutiny or adjustment - We calculate profit & loss, performance and risk for over 20,000 accounts and funds and make it available to portfolio managers and clients every day - We consolidate all portfolio market values, net sales and revenues in a data warehouse for divisional management to understand how their business is performing - We aggregate complex financial information needed for reporting to regulators across many jurisdictions We do all these things by working closely with divisional management, Controllers, and portfolio management teams.
This role will focus on building out a financial reporting platform leveraging the latest EP products and technologies. We are looking for smart technologists who want to join a global team motivated to provide a useful and scalable solution for our clients. If successful, we believe our product has commercial value even outside of GS.
We are open to a variety of skillsets. Knowledge of financial products is a plus, but not required. Broad range of technologies employed:
Java, AngularJS, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Scala, Qlikview. We also leverage EP tools like EP Workflow and Datastream.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
- Build strong relationships with business partners
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in Java development & Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top