Technology - GSAM Technology - GSAM Data Platform Developer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a GSAM Data Platform engineer you will be responsible for building out the platform for delivering and processing large amounts of data using technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, MemSQL and Data Lake, alongside traditional RDMS technologies. Our goal is to keep the GSAM engineers ahead of the game. You will provide the infrastructure and frameworks that other engineers need to get data from the primary source to the consumers. You will also be called upon to evaluate new technology solutions working closely with Enterprise Technology. Skills:
- A multi-discipline hands-on developer interested in solving real-world problems in the space of information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design and data distribution that will transform the GSAM business
- Proficient in an object oriented language like Java/Scala. Eager to learn new ones including functional programming languages. Knowledge of Scala and reactive frameworks like Vert.x is a plus
- Embrace test-driven development and other agile techniques focusing more on their fundamental philosophies then the techniques themselves, allowing better judgement as to when to apply each in order to produce quality software.
- Ability to work closely with users to understand the problem space, identify solutions and implement them quickly.
- Focused on developing scalable solutions that solve a particular problem, but are generalized to the right level such that the same solution can be applied to other problems.
- Constantly trying to improve existing systems / architecture.
- Keep on top of the latest news in software development from NoSQL/Distributed databases to Reactive Application design to micro-services.
Contact us if you would like to join a small team of like-minded, quality focused professionals in a fast-paced environment with high focus on product delivery and constant innovation where you will be able to make a significant impact to the overall GSAM platform.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world?s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment. GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions. Engineer tools and services that bring unification and scale to Asset Management division, providing solutions that span Sales, Client Servicing, Research, Portfolio Management and Trading.
- Provide solutions to the ever growing demand to get and process more data more quickly
- Independent analysis, design and implementation for a particular problem space, working as part of a cohesive team towards a strategic platform
- Contribute to architectural discussions and drive continuous improvement of the data platform
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BSc degree in Computing or Engineering
- 2+ years programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, .NET, C++, Scala, SQL)
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top