Technology - GSAM Technology - Global Portfolio Solutions - Technology Lead - Senior VP - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world?s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
Global Portfolio Solutions is a multi-asset class portfolio manager group that works very closely with our largest institutions to model and allocate investments to strategic asset allocation targets. As part of this the GPS technology team is closely aligned to build the platform required to scale the business while enabling client flexibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Numerous projects are already underway including expanding trading capabilities, analytic al reporting and business process modeling.
- Software developer on critical projects to integrate and automate cross asset class trading systems, across business areas with GSAM
- Involvement in full software project lifecycle: analysis, technical design, development, testing, release, support
- Build partnerships with senior business and technology clients to understand business requirements, propose creative solutions and build maintainable systems
- Opportunity for close engagement with intricate multi-function business as well as to learn the Investment Management business and interact with business functions and technology teams across IMD
- Strong core capability in functional and/or OO programming languages; JAVA, C#, Perl, Python, Excellence in at least on of the above
- Experience of technology architectures and software development lifecycle best practices, including test driven and agile methodologies
- Strong problem solving and engineering/analytical skills, fast learner
- Strong communication and consensus building skills, comfortable working
- Hands-on, demonstrates taking ownership of issues to ensure successful conclusion
- Experience of partnering clients to deliver benefit to the business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top