Technology - GSAM Technology - DAS Infrastructure Developer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Digital innovations to shape client experience and enable our Institutional and Third-Party Distribution (TPD) salesforce with the tools required to best serve our clients. Improve the client service experience through straight-through-processing automation and commitment tracking and execution.
This role is part of the Digital Advise solutions Digital Experience team. DAS team is a global team that delivers automation financial solutions for mass affluent client base supporting Ayco and HD channels. This includes building On-boarding, Portfolio recommendation and Client Services digital experience. The candidate should have a strong design and engineer AEM infrastructure in support of in-house and third party web applications. The candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation and support for software solutions in the group. The candidate must have solid oral and written communication and organizational skills, and be comfortable in a technical role in a geographically diverse environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical: A deep technical understanding required to develop modules ranging from server components to user interfaces in a Global Delivery Model. The person should be familiar with developer best practices, but also be flexible to adapt to the team's established best practices and environment.
- Initiative/Ownership: The person must be self-motivated, moving the project forward against any obstacles, production or otherwise, along the way
- Analysis: The person will work with his/her local/global team and managers to help define their business practices and suggest solutions that improve efficiency
- Communication: The person will need to influence and motivate people of various interests and seniority levels. He/she needs to show past experience in utilizing various influence skills.
- Availability: Be available to respond to emergency situations and perform regularly scheduled maintenance
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers, and working independently on problem solving
- Exposure to project management in an enterprise application development environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of J2EE, XML and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Good working knowledge of firewalls, proxy servers, and load balancers
- Prior experience with Adobe Experience Manager and related technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
- Developing enterprise databases and/or distributed data stores
- Adobe Campaign Management
- Adobe Target
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top