Technology - GIR Technology - Production Reliability Engineer - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll join the team as we embark on the next phase of this exciting project, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, analytics and multi-channel content distribution. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
Enabling Goldman Sachs research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
HOW YOU WIL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a Platform Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for managing and supporting highly-available distributed systems.
- This includes ensuring the reliability of the production Investment Research platforms by developing solutions to proactively identify and rectify performance, capacity or control issues.
- There are opportunities for the successful candidate to work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and find where their interests lie.
- We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years relevant commercial experience
- Experience with Application and Database platforms (JBoss, Apache, Sybase, MongoDB, Etc)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python, etc)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows OS platforms
- Strong analytical, communications and client-facing skills
- Experience with engineering routines to perform application testing and performance benchmarking
- Experience with engineering incident prevention automation and automatic failover solutions
- Agile methodologies
- Experience working in a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top