Technology - GIR Tech - Data Engineer - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Enabling Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
Global Investment Research (GIR) produces the fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies, and economies, which drive commercial business for the firm. Global Investment Research Technology supports all the functions of the Global Investment Research Division. The successful candidate will join a growing team in implementing strategic technology solutions within our organization. This role requires the successful candidate to deliver best in class Data Engineering solutions for the GlR business.
Implementing the Analytics and Data Platform to provide the insights needed for the digitization of the firm's Institutional Research business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience implementing large scale Data-driven solutions for Client Analytics
- Experience in designing data models and pipelines for accurate Analytics for senior management
- Proficient in creating data models optimized for performant extraction (SQL, NoSQL and/or Hadoop/Hive/Spark)
- Experience creating visualizations using BI tools (Qlikview, Tableau) and/or APIs
- Experience in delivering robust, well tested solutions
- Experience working on data modeling
- Strong technical experience in designing and implementing solutions for data-driven organizational transformation
- Experience in implementing data transformations in Spark, SQL and/or Python
- An understanding of current Data Engineering frameworks to support Data Science and Machine Learning efforts
- Experience working in an Agile environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top