Technology - Finance & Risk Engineering - Software Developer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us: a high return for the right risk taken. Our shared services teams work with multiple finance and risk businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across the board by delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices. There are two shared services teams: platform engineering who specialize in building common platform solutions and data engineering who specialize in modeling and sourcing data commonly used across the businesses. Are you interested in learning or expanding your knowledge about finance and risk? And do you want to do this while staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in the Finance Engineering team you have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of financial reporting and risk management, work in small nimble teams to create software products to meet our constantly changing business needs.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to develop software solutions
- Interface with the firm's federation and revenue producing divisions, including Finance Controllers, Finance Risk and Securities Division Management teams to understand and document requirements
- Understand common business needs and design technology solutions which aspire towards step function improvements
- Develop technical specifications, high level & detailed designs, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Participate in end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and deployment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Expertise in Object Oriented design, Design Patterns, and Distributed Computing
- Exposure to Web/RESTful service development
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Experience in relational, columnar and NoSQL databases
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top