Technology - Finance & Risk Engineering - Finance Engineer - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
YOUR IMPACT Are you interested in learning about finance, or expanding what you already know into risk management across a broad range of financial instruments, while staying close to your roots as a software engineer? A role in Finance Engineering in our Credit Risk Technology team offers an exciting opportunity to apply computer science, finance, and mathematics to solve for what the firm requires in efficiently managing counterparty credit risk. We are looking to fill a Vice President/Technical Lead level position to lead development of next-generation counterparty risk management applications and tools that support our Risk Division. Our team works with the business users in eliciting business requirements, translate these into technical specifications, and most importantly, design, implement, and test software solutions. We offer opportunities to build software that encompasses data modeling, service implementation, platform development, business process automation, big data analytics, and UX design.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Providing technical direction and leadership to junior members of the development team
- Design and implementation of automated workflows streamlining current manual processes that manage counterparty risk appetite - Data modelling and service development for processes involved with internal counterparty credit quality and limits - Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree or higher in a STEM field, with an interest in finance
- Java development experience, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Comfortable with working globally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust style to the audience
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
- Familiarity with credit risk (or like) concepts
- Experience with Business Process Modeling and Camunda BPMN
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top