Technology - Finance Engineering - Market Risk Delivery Engineer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Joining influential team of engineers moving firm towards automated ?data driven? risk reporting.
- Analyzing risk data to steer senior management decisions on the path forward on signature projects.
- Engineering risk processes by optimizing and rationalizing the current system footprint.
- Managing end to end software development life cycle from analysis, defining approach, development, testing, deployment.
- Engaging in working groups with internal clients.
Risk management is one of Goldman Sachs? core competencies, and is central to our continued success. Risk metric data volumes have grown rapidly in recent years and our systems need to provide flexible access and powerful analytics. Working with Market Risk Technology, you will design and expand systems to drive the best senior management decisions.
- In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us a high return for the right risk taken.
- Manages global market risk by calculating Value-at-Risk (VaR) and Stress Tests. Those measures are used to present an accurate picture of the firmwide risk exposure, thereby
- informing the firm?s management and trading desks on how the day-to-day movements of the market will impact its balance sheet, and how to protect capital. VaR metrics are sent to the Fed & other global regulators on a regular basis.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Bachelor degree or higher In STEM field.
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust style to the audience
- Aptitude to learn Market Risk
- Adept at learning and using various technologies.
- Determined, intellectually curious, ambitious, attentive to detail.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Sound understanding of database technologies (relational, columnar).
- Knowledge of SecDB/Slang.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top