Technology - Finance Engineering - Finance & Risk Engineering - Corporate Treasury Strats - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Corporate Treasury works closely with the CFO, Treasurer and other members of senior management to manage the firm?s liquidity risk, secured and unsecured funding programs, and the level and composition of consolidated and subsidiary equity capital. The department plays a key role in firmwide strategic and analytical projects, providing a unique insight into the firm?s business activities and performance. Our primary objectives are to:
- Maintain an appropriate level of excess liquidity to protect against market-wide or Goldman Sachs-specific stresses and to meet intraday liquidity requirements
- Determine the appropriate funding strategy for assets based upon their liquidation profiles
- Raise funding across diverse markets, investors, and products; and,
- Hold adequate capital to protect against risk of loss and to meet regulatory requirements
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you?ll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us ? a high return for the right risk taken. Credt Risk manages the systems that facilitate the business of Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), the team that is responsible for sales and counterparty credit risk management and rating agency advisory for investment banking partners. Maintains a scenario stress testing engine that is used in a variety of risk and capital calculations as well as applications to allow for the effective risk management of firm counterparties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Participate in the firm?s liquidity risk analysis, cash & collateral management, and asset liability management
- Work with treasury, desk strategists, and technology departments to define and implement liquidity models, including accountability for modeling methodologies, code base, and infrastructure
- Analyze model output and facilitate understanding of model results by non-technical clients
- Solid background in computer programming, C++, Java, Matlab or equivalent language, preferentially in large scale financial or technical computations
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and asset pricing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top