Technology - Finance Engineering - Finance & Risk Data Engineer - Analyst - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
With increasing complexity and volumes in Finance, we continuously need to scale our data. Cutting across all areas of Finance, our Data Engineering team is designing our common datastores in the Data Lake. We are a dynamic team of talented junior and senior developers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high profile projects using OO technologies.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken. Our Data, Platform, Infrastructure and Risk engineers work with multiple Finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across Finance & Risk Engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices. With increasing complexity and volumes in Finance, we continuously need to scale our data. Cutting across all areas of Finance, our Data Engineering team is designing our common datastores in the Data Lake. We are a dynamic team of talented junior and senior developers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high profile projects using OO technologies.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
- Build strong relationships with business partners
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Expertise in Java development & Relational Databases
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
- Technologies: o Linux and shell scripting, TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Spark, Tableau
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top