Technology - Finance and Risk Engineering - Infrastructure Engineer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for developing solutions to ensure a stable and secure operating environment for Finance & Risk Engineering. We implement and govern best practices around provisioning and configuration of our compute, application and data platforms.
As a member of the New York team, you will contribute to hands-on implementation and liaising with stakeholders.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken.
Our Data, Platform, Infrastructure and Risk engineers work with multiple Finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across Finance & Risk Engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Reduce operating costs and risk by adopting firm standards, implementing best practices across the business unit, and eliminating legacy platforms
- Manage relationship with Platform Engineering, notably Cloud Platforms, Middleware, Runtime Practices Group, and Storage Engineering
- Drive Capacity Management by developing capacity planning infrastructure requirements anddeveloping/adopting tools and procedures for monitoring and proactively addressing Capacity issues, including: Storage (File System and Database) and Capacity and Configuration management for compute servers.
- Engineer proper provisioning
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in Technical Operations, including Linux/Unix System Configuration (e.g. LDAP, NIS, automount), and Storage Technologies (NFS, NAS, SAN)
- Experience in Linux software development and scripting (Java, Perl, Python, Shell ?)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership
- Sybase (or similar) database administration
- Experience with large scale compute platforms and cloud computing environments
- Experience with large scale databases and data modeling (IBM UDB, SybaseASE, SybaseIQ)
- Background in the financial and/or software industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top