Technology - Finance and Risk Engineering - Finance Data Engineer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
In Finance and Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for that our shareholders would like from us: a high return for the right risk taken. Our shared services teams work with multiple Finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across Finance Engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices. The shared services are: data engineering, platform engineering, infrastructure engineering, and technology risk management. With increasing complexity and data volumes in Finance, we continuously need to scale our data. Cutting across all areas of Finance and Risk, our Data Engineering team is designing our common data-stores in the firm's enterprise data platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are a team of engineers using industry standard, open source, and internal proprietary technologies to develop solutions for managing data across the Finance and Risk divisions.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance and Risk
- Build strong relationships with business partners
- Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally Expertise in Object Oriented (preferably Java) development & Relational Database
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development � Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies and design e.g. relational, columnar, hierarchal and document databases.
- Experience with financial products and workflows and the systems that support them.
- Knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
- Technologies: Linux, TDD, build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Hadoop/HDFS, Spark
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top