Technology - Finance and Risk Engineering - Developer - Vice President - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Are you interested in learning about finance, or expanding what you already know into risk management across a broad range of financial instruments, while staying close to your roots as a software engineer? A role in Finance Engineering in our Credit Risk Technology team offers an exciting opportunity to apply computer science, finance, and mathematics to solve for what the firm requires in efficiently managing counterparty credit risk. We are looking to fill a Vice President level position whose responsibilities include project elaboration, prioritization, and execution for automating business processes in the Risk Division. You must code in this role. Projects will be focused on evaluating counterparty credit quality and calibrating limits for risk appetite.
In Finance and Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken. Credt Risk manages the systems that facilitate the business of Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), the team that is responsible for sales and counterparty credit risk management and rating agency advisory for investment banking partners. Maintains a scenario stress testing engine that is used in a variety of risk and capital calculations as well as applications to allow for the effective risk management of firm counterparties.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Identify and map manual business processes into automated workflows
- Collaborate with users and fellow engineers to develop value-added solutions to automated business processes
- Implement commercial solutions focusing on rapid delivery and frequent iterations, while maintaining best-practices within SDLC guidelines
- Providing technical direction and leadership to junior engineers
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree or higher in a STEM field, with an interest in finance
- Java development experience, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust style to the audience
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Comfortable with working globally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
- Experience with Business Process Modeling and Camunda BPMN
- Familiarity with credit risk (or like) concepts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top