Technology - Finance and Risk Engineering - Capital Measurement and Analysis (CMA) - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken. Calculation of the Firms capital requirement, with full attribution to the consuming businesses/trading activity, is key to enabling the Firm to profitably navigate the evolving regulatory landscape. Forward-looking business strategies and decisions, projection of returns are informed by these metrics.
The CMA team develops Controllers calculators and analytical tools for the Firm to measure and manage its Regulatory Capital.
YOUR IMPACT You will be working alongside a team of engineers towards an infrastructure for the firm to be able to manage and deploy its capital effectively. You will be using latest technology trends including large databases, machine learning, efficient code using modern languages and visualization tools to implement the firms capital management process.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interface with the firm's federation and producing divisions, including Finance Controllers, Finance Risk and Securities Division Management teams to understand and develop our capital management calculations and analytics processes
- Understand current capital regulatory regime and apply analytics to derive business decisions for utilization of capital
- Work on understanding the problem of capital management and optimization and develop and deploy solutions
- Define problem statements, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with engineers trying new technologies and applying them to solve these problems.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a dynamic, fast-paced team
- Expertise in a programming language (JAVA/Scala/Slang/etc) & experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top