Technology - FICC Technology - FAST- Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
FAST is a cross-divisional team in Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC). FAST Technology partners with strats, sales, traders, and franchise managers in FICC market making businesses to understand and quantify opportunities, inefficiencies and workflow obstacles. We develop intuitive and relevant analytics to optimize business leaders? decision making and, partnering with FAST strats, convert data-driven insights into action by embedding those analytics into simple front-line sales and trading workflow tools. As a front-office engineer on the FAST team, you will be at the forefront of a data-driven initiative to optimize decision making across multiple asset classes. You may be building a web app that utilizes vital franchise data to suggest potential trades, improving our ability to capture and visualize trade and inquiry data, or architecting data caches that can be used across applications. At times you will be asked to step into the trading floor environment and at others you will be called upon to guide the decisions of leadership. Whether your interests fall in machine learning, business optimization or full stack development, you will find your calling amidst our diverse team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exposure to aspects of trading in various fixed income products
- Connectivity with traders, salespeople, strategists and multiple areas of Technology in a dynamic environment
- Overall, this role will draw upon your knowledge of programming and analytical skills: you will be challenged to rapidly prototype early-stage solutions. Data-driven insights from usage patterns and user feedback will drive you to condense your work into simple and efficient real-time workflow tools. You will also be required to think strategically on a higher level, proposing new business metrics or suggesting alternatives. As you gain expertise in the dynamics of the trading business, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper into your areas of interest.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Interest in fixed income products
- Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
- Experience in fixed income asset classes
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java)
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top