Technology - FICC Tech - Senior Application Developer - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Mtg Whole Loan team is looking for a front office developer/support person (VP Level) to provide technology solutions for the MTG Whole Loans business and support MTG Desk/RMD/Operations/Controllers in NYC. Person is expected to handle all aspects of the SDLC process including requirements gathering, development, testing, documentation, and report writing.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The role includes a mix of new application development and support of existing systems.
- Understand current business flows and functionality. Improve with technology where it makes sense.
- Work independently on multiple projects from requirements to implementation. Communicate with end users across all business functions and levels.
- Ability to work across diverse technologies potentially including Slang/SecDB, Sybase IQ/ASE, Java, Angular JS, C# and proprietary GS development platforms.
- Participate and/or lead design and code reviews. Coordinate work and priorities across teams and locations. Follow existing standards and architecture guidelines. Focus on compliance and risk management controls
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of SecDB/Slang is a plus (only applies to candidates with GS experience).
- Experience with Java, C#, SQL
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top