Technology - FICC Tech - IRP Franchise Tech - Frontline - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
We are looking for a highly technical professional to play a key role in the IRP Franchise technology team. The candidate will be partnering with technologists, strategists, traders and salespeople in the Goldman Sachs FICC trading environment to provide solutions to the Interest Rates business. The team is responsible for trading and sales desk support and critical desk deliverables. This is a perfect opportunity to leverage and develop strong technical skills while learning about the IRP business.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
- Liaise with traders, salespeople and strategists to determine development requirements, specifications and priorities
- This team is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the trading and sales desks
- Deploy critical trading applications, including intraday risk management and position keeping, trade booking, and pricing applications, as well as internally used tools
- Development will be in Java or in a proprietary language (Slang/SecDb)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Java Experience
- Comfortable in a high-pressure work environment
- Clear and confident communicator- essential as this role will require constant business engagement
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an analytical subject (CS, Math, Engineering, Finance etc)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top