Technology - FICC Risk Platform Developer - Associate - New York
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
FICC Technology is looking for a developer to work on a strategic platform for calculating real-time risk for our division. This platform will be used to drive real-time decision making by traders across a range of business lines on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. They should also have commercial experience in Java.
The successful candidate will join a team of talented developers working on this highly visible and prestigious project. The opportunity will appeal to motivated individuals who want to work directly with the trading desks.
- Build a unified world-class risk management framework supporting all aspects of trading in various fixed income products.
- Work directly with Trading, Sales and Strats
- Great opportunity to learn the business while working with a talented group of individuals.
Basic Qualifications-3+ years of professional Java development experience
- Familiarity with testing tools in Java
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
Preferred Qualifications-Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience in debugging distributed systems.
- Experience in developing software for Akka or Vertx.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top