Technology - Equities Technology - Derivatives Engineer - Vice President - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Equity Derivatives Engineers develop the applications, platforms, and infrastructure used for trading equity options, structured notes, and equity swaps. We work directly with the business, sales and traders, to solve problems like optimizing our distributed compute farm for risk analytics and automating booking and hedging for our structured product business. These engineers work across a variety of problem domains and software stacks to create leverage in our derivatives business lines. These problem spaces include:
- Pricing, risk and booking systems
- Automated hedging algorithms
- High-throughput, latency-sensitive order management and electronic trading systems
- Performance-sensitive user interfaces
- Adaptive, robust trading controls
- Workflow management platforms
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Expand and drive the business by using technology to access new client channels
- Rapidly build and deploy applications that improve our users? quality of life
- Help create a modern derivatives business focused on efficiency, risk management, and client needs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 1 year of programming experience
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems, Large-scale, distributed systems, Operating systems design, Compilers, Modern web stacks, Functional programming, Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top