Technology - Equities - Cloud Solutions Data Engineer - Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Equities Data Engineer:
- Deploying Equities post-trade processing onto a big data platform
- Optimizing performance of Equities post-trade processing within both legacy and strategic environments
- Assisting front-office users in optimizing their usage of equities post-trade data and systems
- SDLC and operational uplift of legacy post-trade processing systems
- Deploy Equities post-trade processing onto a big data platform
- Optimize performance of Equities post-trade processing within both legacy and strategic environments
- Assist front-office users in optimizing their usage of equities post-trade data and systems
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience programming in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java) - Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
Experience with several of the following:
- Real-time systems
- Large-scale, distributed systems
- Operating systems design Compilers
- User interface technologies
- Modern webstacks
- Functional programming
- Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top