Technology - Digital Finance Tech - Software Developer in Test (SDET) - Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs is entering the Consumer Finance market and is building a team of top tech engineers with a strong desire to disrupt the industry. DevOps and building an Agile organization are fundamental to our strategy of deploying customer-centric products to a cutting edge technology platform that are thoroughly tested and can meet uptime demands of digital only customers.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The QM team is responsible for ensuring that software that powers our consumer finance platform is defect-free and is able to meet the performance needs of our customers. We view testing to be a core technical competency and fundamental to our success. We are looking to fill positions across multiple applications teams with experienced SDETs that are considered experts when it comes to test automation. We are looking for candidates that are not only able to collaborate and contribute back to automation tools and infrastructure that is in place, but who can also innovate and help build new features in the current tools or design and build new and improved automation tools. We are not looking for order takers and doers, we are looking for people that can lead and deliver cutting edge test automation solutions that have a direct impact on increasing the quality of our products, while decreasing the time it takes to test them. If you love testing code and building expansive test automation infrastructure and scripts, and thrive in an environment where self-starters and leaders are rewarded and valued, then this is the job for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions with a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- A problem solver with a keen eye for details and a strong desire to learn
- Self-directed, independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated SDET, with a proven track record of creating innovated test automation solutions for both UI or APIs
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply and knowledge and experience in decision making
- Proven to work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-direction work environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with Development, Operations and Engineering
- Working knowledge with a modern programming language, such as Java or Python
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of the Agile development methodology
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top