Technology - Digital Finance Tech - Data Engineering - VP - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs provides products to help people manage their finances. The first product from Marcus is a fixed-rate, no-fee unsecured personal loan that enables customers to tailor their monthly payment options to fit their schedule and budget. Marcus, a brand of Goldman Sachs, benefits from the firm's 147-year history of financial expertise, risk management and customer service. The Marcus Data Engineering team builds data-centric solutions that answer hard questions in innovative ways. The team works across all products and functions within Marcus, Goldman's new consumer-facing digital bank.
You will join a fast and dynamic team that uses modern big-data technologies to perform a number of data centric functions that range from measuring the performance of the Marcus business, to building customer acquisition strategies that directly impact the Marcus bottom line.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and develop data ingest and transform processes
- Develop data visualizations using BI tools and web-based technologies
- Work as part of a global team using Agile software methodologies
- Partner with Marcus risk, product, acquisition and servicing teams
- Use Marcus data to drive change throughout the Marcus business
- Lead a local team of data engineers
- Proficient at Python, Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- 5+ years of full-time professional experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Self-starter, motivated, and good communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top