Technology - Consumer Finance Technology - Technical Project Manager - Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Consumer Finance Technology (CFT) is bringing state of the art Goldman technology to the consumer market enabling a complete new line of business. We are building a best of breed platform that is both elegant and powerful meeting the needs of our clients seamlessly while allowing deep integration into our technical partners in the future. Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative, and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank.
This position would be ideal for a candidate wanting to join an area which requires functional and technical excellence in the planning, coordination and delivery of consumer-facing projects within an Agile/Scrum delivery methodology. The role will immediately expose the candidate to experienced technologists and critical business functions related to the Online Savings platform within the Consumer & Commercial Banking Division of Goldman Sachs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will be required to build and leverage a deep technical understand of the platform with a focus on flows, processes and drivers in order to help facilitate the articulation and delivery of business requirements. We expect the successful candidate to have a proven track record building relationships with clients, vendors and technical partners, defining functional goals and delivering effective technology solutions using proven Agile management methodologies.
Experience of developing and delivering consumer facing web sites with a focus on technical use case articulation, delivery coordination and implementation would provide a candidate with a strong advantage. Clear verbal and written communication skills will be crucial since the candidate must be able to update management and effectively set expectations with their clients and the larger Consumer Finance Technology team.
- Extensive commercial experience defining functional requirements and managing development projects
- Prior experience effectively communicating and influencing functional and design decisions to stakeholders
- Experience cultivating and applying Agile software development methodologies to deliver robust, well tested solutions
- Experience leading teams implementing Agile and lean techniques (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience implementing customer facing web applications
- Experience working with AppDev, DevOps, TechOps, QA, and Architecture teams
- Ability to analyze complex systems problems
- Strong technical background/ experience implementing enterprise applications Experience delivering published content to clients Experience working with development of RESTful services and general Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience working with large scale web applications
- Sound understanding of systems engineering and infrastructure
- Sound understanding of banking industry and operations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top