Technology - Consumer Finance Technology - Architecture - Solutions - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Consumer Finance Technology (CFT) is focused on bringing state of the art Goldman technology to the consumer market enabling a complete new line of business. We are building a best of breed platform that is both elegant and powerful meeting the needs of our clients seamlessly while allowing deep integration into our technical partners in the future.
Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative, and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank.
We are seeking a solution architect to support the development of a new business line. The qualified candidate will work alongside industry leading technologists and innovative product managers in a highly agile environment. The role has a broad scope which will involve interacting with senior leaders on a regular basis. The position is hands-on and requires a driven and "take ownership" oriented individual who is intently focused on execution. You will work directly with developers, business leaders, vendors, government officials and partners in a cross functional manner to design regulatory compliant, scalable product offerings for the bank.
As a direct report to the Bank's Chief Architect, this role will:
- Own a product and solution from architectural design through the actual build
- Deploy new technologies to keep the Bank platform modern and scalable
- Assist in solving a variety of technical problems including: general architecture patterns, vendor integrations, performance monitoring and data transformations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of architecture experience
- Familiarity with middleware tools such as messaging systems, caching systems, data access methods, concept of transactionality and ACID
- Experience with real-time transaction processing systems
- Banking, payments platform experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Responsive to challenging tasking
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
- Highly collaborative and team focused
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top