Technology - Client Platforms - Workplace Eng - Voice Engineer - NY/NJ
Client Platforms is leading Goldman Sachs into the digital age. Our innovation in web,
mobile, social, collaboration and user experience is changing the way we collaborate with our clients and with each other.
We are looking for an experienced implementation professional with engineering and program management skills to assure delivery of voice related technologies within the global and regional scopes. Driving down costs and reducing risk through environment ownership and optimization are the parallel goals in this position. Providing expertise in support of operational organizations will assure speed of issue resolution and integration of lessons learned into product development cycle.
- Managing business, technology or risk-driven programs and projects across communication products to ensure they meet the firm?s requirements. Products will cover Carrier products, Trader Voice Systems, IP-PBX, voicemail, call center, audio conferencing systems.
- Design deployment models standards, upgrade procedures and monitoring procedures for voice platforms.
- Interface with global team members to provide consistent product offerings.
- Perform engineering / design reviews.
- Manage product lifecycles for voice platforms.
- Provide escalation support and advance troubleshooting of critical issues on voice platforms.
- Document the design, architecture, monitoring and support aspects of the supported platforms.
- Analyze production outage trends and recommend long-term product fixes
- Engineer and streamline operation workflow process.
Basic Qualifications• Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, reliable and be able to perform in both interrupt-driven and project-driven environments.
- Analytical, Problem solver and self-starter
- Operate in a fast-paced, demanding and delivery oriented environment
- Take ownership in a globally dispersed team and focus on delivery
- Excited to explore new technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design, deployment and support of voice platforms.
- Hands-on experience on Cisco voice products including Communications Manager, Unity Connection etc.
- Experience in engineering, deployment and support of large scale, multisite voice communication systems.
- Thorough understanding of the voice communication concepts and protocols.
- Ability to clearly document deployment designs and related management and support procedure.
- Knowledge of Windows/UNIX programming/scripting languages such as Perl, Python, bash shell scripting, PowerShell
- Understanding of Computer-Telephony Integration APIs such as JTAPI would be an asset
- Experience on Telecom Carriers management.
Preferred Qualifications• Experience on unified communications and network infrastructure.
- Led global voice technology projects involving both engineering and operations deliverables.
- Ability to analyse production data in order to spot anomalies in configurations or logs
- Capable of automating repetitive tasks in a production environment.
- Experience on various enterprise voice products such as Asterisk IP-PBX, Audio Conferencing bridges, IPCC, IVR solutions
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top