Technical Writer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
You will join a team of process modelers who document how our systems behave from the customer view down to actual API calls within the system. The technical writer will create educational documentation that describe technical flows within the platform, release summaries, and "how-to" guides for developers to follow when using shared libraries.
- Partner with product managers and the application development team in sprint activities
- Propose and produce materials for support teams, product teams and developers
- Analyze, interpret and extract information from complex technical and functional requirements, features and stories for development of "one-pagers" which summarize the overall intent of a business process
- Create and manage content on the various team repositories (version control)
- Produce support artifacts for internal associates and clients, such as: Online Help, Install/Set Up Procedures, Admin Procedures, User Provisioning, Release Notifications, API & Developer Instructions, Infrastructure Manuals and User Manuals
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, Communications, English or related disciplines required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience required as a technical writer working within the information technology industry documenting APIs, SDKs, web technologies, etc.
- Financial services industry, particularly consumer banking experience is preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills required
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Basic experience with standard documentation tools required
- Experience authoring and deploying an online help system preferred
- Excellent sense of design, workflow and content layout required
- Familiarity with graphic design, UX, web design and CSS concepts preferred
- Adept at learning new technologies
- Experience writing technical and end-user support materials
- Experience using or familiarity with source control (TFS/GIT) required
- Experience using SnagIt, Camtasia and Captivate preferred
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top