Technical Business Analyst and Product Owner - Private Wealth Management
- Beijing, China
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance. PWM Engineering enables the operation of PWM business by managing an extensive technology platform. Our software helps realize our client goals and objectives by delivering first-class client service.
China Goldman Sachs business is headquartered in Beijing with significant presence in Shanghai and Shenzhen. PWM has presence in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen. PWM Engineering provides technical support across all PWM business in China. This role reports locally into China Engineering and regionally into PWM Engineering.
The role requires an experienced Technical Business Analyst / Product Owner to work in a fast-paced and growing wealth management business. The successful candidate will provide first line application support, infrastructure management and work on project initiatives, focused on the PWM China business on regulatory and discretionary projects. Engineering Onshore employees are required to pass 2 Securities Association of China (SAC) exams in Chinese to be licensed to work in the China financial industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Collaborate with Business, Compliance, Legal, Operations and Engineering teams to define and implement technology solutions
• Manage and deliver cross-functional regulatory and business growth projects - full SDLC lifecycle
• Manage engagement with software vendors and service providers
• Prepare materials for regulatory inspections, internal controls and external audits.
• Provide day to day support for PWM applications, including briefing China Engineering Management on risks and incidents
• Own Change Management, Incident Management, Risk Management and Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
• Maintain PWM infrastructure, including periodic internal and external industry wide testing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Knowledge and experience with cross-asset class products and trading flows
• Experience in vendor engagement, negotiation and management
• Excellent analytical skills to distill complex issues and identify key risks - often with incomplete information
• Track record of engagement with and ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders
• Experience in representing business needs to technology teams
• Experience in assessing and managing risk
• Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English
• Experience in China regulatory requirements and projects
• Technical experience in software development
• Experience or a strong interest in wealth management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top