Tech Risk - Advisory - Security Architecture - DevSecOps
Business Unit Overview
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures Goldman Sachs against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA. Within Technology Risk, Advisory is the consultative and technology subject matter expertise arm, responsible for assessing new technology initiatives for risk, partnering with engineers to architect and design secure products and services, embedding implementation reviews as part of the SDLC and CI/CD pipeline via code analysis and penetration testing, and guiding technology innovation in terms of security and control across Goldman Sachs. The team plays a critical role in designing and assessing controls for our transition to building native public cloud applications.
In this role, you will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the development of risk in preference to security within technology and the business. You will provide valuable insights by both proof of concept and validation of security controls in the deployed environments. This will help various BUs to understand and improve security posture through your careful and thorough analysis of the implemented security controls.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with teams to implement fixes and improve security in pipeline to avoid future gaps
- Perform infrastructure as code static analysis reviews
- Validate security controls and uncover misconfigurations across various cloud deployments
- Research and conduct proof of concepts for new tools & solutions improving the security posture
- Develop policy as code, modules, and templates to enforce secure IaC patterns
- Support, guide, and train teams in secure development practices for IaC development
- Minimum 7 years' experience in one or more infrastructure technical role (focusing in either Network, Windows or Linux platforms) with 3-5 years working with major cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Must have experience with AWS technologies and security controls (GCP, Azure optional)
- Must have worked in CI/CD pipeline with focus on security controls and secure SDLC
- Must have a very good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Must have a high level understanding of security risks as they apply to cloud solutions
- Preferred risk knowledge domains include network segregation, data protection, infrastructure management
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Policy as Code, templates and modules
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Cyber-Security, or Information Security
- Experience or trainings in related disciplines e.g. computer security, network security, cloud security
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top