Tech Risk Advisory - Jr Security Architect - Advisory
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative
measures including business planning, capability design,
and the testing of mitigants.
Technology Risk Advisory delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the Information Security risk domains, including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. As a Risk Advisor, you will be part of a technical team that is responsible for assessing and managing the portfolio of risks for Divisionally aligned products. You are expected to have a working knowledge of the products you support, and provide technical design consultancy services as needed. The team is responsible for all assessments, including, Design / Architecture Reviews, Manual Code Reviews, Penetration Testing, Config reviews, and Continuous Monitoring / Scanning. The ideal candidate should possess the aptitude to learn security concepts and provide guidance to technology teams and work collaboratively to drive down risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Support the Technology Risk Advisory function by being a part of a highly technical staff that assess risk, identify risk and advice on risk. In this role, you will be reviewing Software Architecture designs and helping identify detrimental architecture flaws earlier in the SDLC. You will be required to leverage your Application Security knowledge to guide developers and architects on how to build secure software.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years' experience in one or more technical roles (focusing in application and/or cloud security).
• Prior experience in performing Threat Modelling or Secure Design Reviews. Knowledge of most common Application Security vulnerabilities - e.g., OWASP Top 10 and cloud security gaps.
• Familiarity with Security standards such as OWASP Testing Guide, OWASP ASVS, NIST and Sans top 20.
• Common security controls and how they apply to different designs and systems including but not limited to secure authentication, access controls, encryption (at rest/ in transit), IDS/IPS, DLP, malware etc.
• Experience in application vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of web, thick-client, or mobile applications.
• Working knowledge of application security tools such as fuzzers, scanners, debuggers, decompilers, proxies, simulators, etc.
• Familiarity with modern and common web stack technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML5, AJAX, REST, etc.) and platforms (e.g. DropWizard, Springboot, AngularJS, React Tomcat, .Net, Sybase, MS SQL, MongoDB, etc.).
• Familiarity with common cloud services, recommended security best practices and secure deployment patterns. AWS is preferred.
• Understanding of core cryptography concepts (Encryption, Hashing, HMAC, digital signatures) and how they are applied and attacked in web applications (e.g. TLS attacks, CBC attacks).
• Ability to analyse protocols (OAuth, SAML), flows and interactions in a system design to evaluate gaps.
• Ability to identify threats, abuse cases, and gaps in the design before it is implemented.
• Good written and oral communication to be able to articulate risks to both technical and management stakeholders.
• Knowledge of network, application and operating system security risks.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security.
• Experience or trainings in related disciplines e.g. computer science, computer security, software development, system design, open source frameworks, encryption schemes, etc.
• Experience doing architecture review of Mobile applications.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top