Tax, Tax Compliance, State Tax Group, Associate - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Tax Department Overview
The primary mission of Tax is to ensure the firm's compliance with the tax laws of those countries (and local jurisdictions) in which the firm conducts business and to assist businesses in managing tax risk.
Key Tax Functions
• Providing tax information for the firm's financial statements
• Preparing/supervising the preparation of U.S. federal, state, local and non-U.S. tax returns for the firm as well as for GSAM and Merchant Banking investment vehicles
• Advising the firm's professionals on the tax implications related to the firm's businesses and/or transactions undertaken by or for the firm.
To work for a leading financial services organization's in-house tax department in the Federal Tax Compliance group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare Federal, State, and International tax returns for the Firm's domestic and foreign
- Interact with Controllers and other areas (i.e. - business units, human resources, technology) to obtain information required to calculate and properly report taxable income, prepare required statements and disclosures, and respond to investors
- Prepare quarterly estimates of taxable income for state tax returns & payments
- Prepare various calculations required for ASC-740 purposes on a quarterly basis
- Prepare other calculations used for firmwide tax
- Help with other ad hoc assignments/projects
- Work on tax technical analysis to implement new tax legislation and for various planning & analysis exercises
- Degree in Accounting or other related fields required
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Tax preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred, but not required
- 3 years of relevant tax experience
- Strong analytical skills and detail
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word; comfortable with learning new tax software applications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly visible and growing global organization operating in a dynamic environment. Consequently, this role requires an energetic, enthusiastic and driven professional.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top