Systems Monitoring Engineer - ETO Engineering
System Monitoring Engineering team builds software to provide Linux system admins and application developers visibility into our large scale distributed Linux infrastructure spread across our own datacenters and various cloud providers AWS, Google and Azure. The team responsible for collecting performance indicators to pro-actively detect degradation and issues on primarily Linux platform which includes both Kubernetes based plant and classic Linux plant. An engineer in this role is responsible for designing and developing software solutions and integrating with industry leading open source solutions as well as vendor products. We look for engineers who are excited by the challenge of building solutions to monitor a large scale network, collaborative, and keen to work with engineers around the globe to build large scale telemetry, logs, and event and capacity management platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle and participate in globally deployed large scale application design, development and deployment.
- Run large scale production software by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Keep abreast of emerging technical trends.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication.
- Understanding of Linux operating system concepts including kernel concepts.
- Experience in Kubernetes infrastructure monitoring across both data plane and control plane.
- Experience with on prem Linux infrastructure as well as infrastructure in cloud providers like AWS, Google and Azure.
- Understanding of monitoring concepts and system monitoring tools in the industry.
- Experience in enterprise SDLC environments across multiple scripting languages such as: SQL, Perl, Python, Shell scripting.
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams.
- Must balance multiple on-going assignments and work independently, in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions for audiences of various backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of network routing protocols.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like: Sybase, MongoDB, Elastic-Search, Hadoop Hive/Hbase.
- Programming skills in any object oriented language or other enterprise programming language.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top