Strategy & Business Development Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
Goldman Sachs is seeking innovative, problem solving team members to help build and grow its digital, direct to consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs. The team will leverage Goldman's financial services expertise and core competencies in technology, analytics and risk management in addition to strong balance sheet capabilities to create a winning position in the market. While benefiting from the strengths of a large company, the team operates in a start-up environment, unburdened by legacy costs and fixed infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding team member of a new business line within one of the leading companies in the financial services industry while delivering value to consumers through differentiated products and user experiences.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities:As a member of the Strategy and Business Development team, you will be working closely with the management team for Digital Consumer Finance. In your role, you will be responsible for researching and understanding key trends in the Consumer Finance and FinTech landscapes, evaluating various M&A opportunities, and delving deep into the operations of several business lines. This role plays an important and influential role for the business as you will work closely with management, cross-functional teams and other firmwide stakeholders on a daily basis. We are seeking a mix of skill sets.
- Staying current on key trends in the FinTech landscape and keeping track of companies of interest (as potential acquisition or partnership opportunities)
- Owning and updating the consolidated model for the global Digital Finance business
- Partnering with various teams across Digital Finance to stay coordinated on budget actuals, forecast and projections
- Building M&A models for various acquisition targets and working with the senior members of the Strategy team to drive diligence and the overall M&A process
- Working on strategic presentations for the firm's executive leadership
- Taking initiative on updating the senior team on key news events across the Consumer Finance landscape that impact our strategic initiatives
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated M&A and intrinsic valuation models
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact of an acquisition or new business line
- Must be highly motivated, self-driven, collaborative, a strong communicator, comfortable following direction and able to balance being in the weeds with summarizing at a high level under short deadlines
- Extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Comfortable developing relationships throughout the division and building networks across the firm
- Experience working in a challenging, fast-paced environment that will require the ability to focus on and deliver multiple projects effectively
- 1 – 2 years of investment banking experience
- Fluency with Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top