State and Local Tax - SALT Group, Analyst/Associate/Vice President, Jersey City
To work for a leading financial services organization’s in-house tax department on the State and Local Tax Reporting group.
- Prepare state tax returns for a number of the Firm’s partnership and corporate subsidiaries
- Interact with Controllers and other interfacing areas to obtain information required to calculate
and properly report apportionment, prepare required statements and disclosures etc.
- Prepare quarterly estimates of state taxable income.
- Prepare various calculations required for ASC740.
- Prepare other calculations used for firmwide tax planning.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required, Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in the Tax field.
- State tax experience a plus. Big four and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of corporate and partnership taxation
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills overall; proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Corptax working knowledge a plus. Comfortable with learning new tax software applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top