State and Local Tax - SALT Group, Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
To work for a leading financial services organization's in-house tax department on the State and Local Tax Reporting group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare state tax returns for a number of the Firm's partnership and corporate subsidiaries
- Interact with Controllers and other interfacing areas to obtain information required to calculate and properly report apportionment, prepare required statements and disclosures etc.
- Prepare quarterly estimates of state taxable income.
- Prepare various calculations required for ASC740.
- Prepare other calculations used for firmwide tax planning.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required, Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in the Tax field.
- State tax experience a plus. Big four and/or financial services industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of corporate and partnership taxation
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills overall; proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Corptax working knowledge a plus. Comfortable with learning new tax software applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top